The application of springs in modern industrial society is very extensive, especially in electromechanical, and there are many applications, mainly in the following types.
1. Supporting springs mainly for automobiles, motorcycles, diesel engines and gasoline engines.
Such springs include valve springs, suspension springs, damping springs, clutch springs, etc., and they are used in large quantities, accounting for about 50% of the spring production. At the same time, the technical level is also high. It can be said that the technical level of these springs is representative. They are mainly developed in the direction of high fatigue life and high resistance to relaxation, thereby reducing quality.
2. Large springs and leaf springs based on railway rolling stock, trucks and construction machinery.
These springs are mainly formed by hot coils, which is an important aspect of spring manufacturing. With the development of high-speed railways and the upgrading of vehicle damping systems, the technology of hot-formed springs as vehicle suspensions has been greatly improved. This type of spring is mainly developed in the direction of high strength and high precision to stabilize product quality.
3. Electronic and electrical springs based on instruments and meters, typical products such as motor brush springs, switch springs, video cameras and camera springs, as well as computer accessories springs, instrumentation accessories springs, etc.
In this type of springs, leaf springs and heterosexual springs account for a larger proportion, and different products have different materials and technical requirements. This type of spring is mainly developing in the direction of both high strength and miniaturization.
4. Hardware springs based on daily-use machinery and electrical appliances, such as mattresses, sofas, door hinges, toys, lighters, etc.
The demand for this kind of spring is large, but the technical content is not high, which improves the development opportunities for small spring enterprises. This kind of spring is mainly developed in the direction of miniaturization.
5) Special springs mainly to meet special needs.
This kind of springs, such as cradle springs for textile machinery, require high relaxation resistance; springs for ladle water slides require high heat resistance; suspension springs for mine vibrating screens require not only high fatigue performance, but also High corrosion resistance is required, so rubber-metal composite springs are used: In order to meet the comfort of the vehicle, air springs are used.
The suspension springs and valve springs with heterogeneous cross-sections currently appearing are more reasonable than round cross-section springs in terms of lightweight, space saving, improved comfort and improved spring stress distribution. However, such spring materials are expensive and the spring manufacturing process is complex. The cost of the spring is higher than that of the round section spring. Therefore, there is no sign of the replacement of the round cross-section spring with the heterosexual cross-section spring.